Friday, February 11, 2011

You'll Never walk Alone

Exodus 33:14
   "The Lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you."

What a phenomenal promise we find here in scripture. Really? the Lord said "I will go with you"? That is the most awesome news I've gotten all day long! Ok, so granted, it's only 8:55, but it's the best news I've heard in probably my whole life, so it counts! Last night, I got some wonderful news, but this news also made my "I'm learning Patience this year" meter drop WAY low. This news had me tears last night.

Let me explain, because I haven't yet in this blog! One of the biggest reasons that I chose my "word for the year" as Patience, is because I'm trying to get pregnant. TRYING being the key word here. As I've mentioned before, my husband and I are getting ready to celebrate our 10th anniversary later this year, and due to some medical issues, we were unable to really even TRY having kids until last October. Being the optimistic person that I am, I had hoped and prayed that I would get pregnant right away. I haven't. Now, for those of you who know me, you will know that I love children and have longed to have some of my own since I was little. Patience plays a big part in that I am trying to have patience to wait on God's timing. I've spent many tears over this, and have probably nearly talked God's ear off in this department as well. Yet, as of today; I am no closer to having a baby then I was 10 years ago.

The news I received last night was that my "little sister" is pregnant with her second child. This news is AWESOME, she and her husband are such wonderful parents and it give my parents a chance to play grandma and grandpa to a local grandchildren (my brother's family lives in Florida, and my parents in Indiana), but it was sad because it made me less patient with myself and God. My poor husband had to deal with my tears, which only served to make him feel guilty that we aren't pregnant yet. Now this morning, after I called my other sister to cry and laugh (my sister is GREAT at making me laugh, and listening to my tears too...Love you sissy!!) last night, I was reading in my Bible and ran across this verse.

God is telling Moses that He will PERSONALLY go with him, that He'll PERSONALLY give Moses rest and that it will all be fine for Moses! I know that I'm not Moses, but I also know that the scriptures aren't JUST for the people who were written about either. This verse this morning said "and the Lord said 'I will personally go with you, Julie, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.'" EVERYTHING will be fine for me. That means, if it's not in His will for my life to have children, then it will STILL be fine, that means, if I am to endure the pain of my TMJ, I will still be fine. That means, no matter what, He will PERSONALLY be there holding my hand, wiping my tears and hugging away my pain.

If you can't tell by the last two days posts, I'm a fan of musicals. The musical Carousal has a song entitled You'll Never Walk Alone, sung by a soon to be father. The words to this song are as follows:

When you walk through a storm
Keep your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At he end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

I read these words, and I feel hope. Hope from our Lord, the one who's known me since before I was born. He is singing this song to my soul right now. He's giving me peace, patience, hope and love. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."  My Lord and Savior is giving me things, faith that He will heal me, hope that I'll someday hold a baby of my own and Love. Love needs no other explanation, it's just that powerful. So when we are all down, feeling depressed and sad; just remember what Rodgers and Hammerstein so eloquently wrote for us...that we will Never Walk Alone.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of hugs! I did not have to wait 10+ years, only 2. So I only understand about 1/5 of your pain and frustration, but I do understand it. I pray you are blessed with your own bundle of joy very soon because I see how wonderful you are with my kids. They adore you! I know you will be an awesome Mommy! I love you sweetie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing I already knew that information! ;-)

    Hugs, Julie...wait on Him. I know it's hard. His timing is perfect!

    I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I don't completely understand because I do have a child but I am no stranger to the frustration of having my body not work in quite the way it was meant to. It's been over 7 years since Abigail was born and I haven't been able to get pregnant either but like you said, if it's not meant to be then I will be ok with that.

    ReplyDelete