Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Prayer Poem

I Said A Prayer for You Today

I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard
I felt the answer in my heart
Although He spoke not a word.

I didn't ask for wealth or fame
I knew you wouldn't mind.

I asked for priceless treasures rare
Of a more lasting kind.

I prayed that He'd be near you
At the start of each new day
To grant you health and blessings fair,
And friends to share your way.

I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small
But that you'd know His loving care
I prayed the most of all.

The first time I read this poem, I was a teenager; but it struck a chord with me. I don't remember where I got it, but someone gave me a small card with the words on it. When I read the words, I was floored. I wanted to make it a daily prayer for myself; so I enlarged the words and hung them on my bedroom wall. Those words stayed on my wall until my parents moved from that house when I was around 23. Every morning when I woke up they were the first words I saw and every night when I was going to bed, the moon seemed to shine right on them so I could read them again.

I am having a rough day today, since my husband and I have not been blessed with children yet; our cats are our babies. Last night when we got home from work, one of our "babies" was having some issues. Our poor kitty couldn't manage to urinate at all. Well we tried what we could, with the vets all being closed by the time that we got home; but the situation was worse this morning. My husband took her to a vet and, as of right now, she's in some serious condition. I know that she's just my pet, only a cat; but she really is my baby.

I don't know how people feel when they are unsure of a loved ones recovery; but I know it's killing me right now to know that if my cat dies, I never got to say good bye to her. I also can't say what God's stance on praying for animals is, but I know that He hurts when we hurt, and right now, I'm hurting for my "baby". This poem says it all for me, I have always felt that prayer is so powerful, and like I've said before repeated prayer is even more powerful! I'm praying for my cat today, and I do feel as if God has heard and, like in the poem, I feel the answer in my heart.

I feel God holding me in His arms and wiping my tears of fear and uncertinanty away. How awesome is it that I can feel Jesus holding me when I'm hurting? That I know He's hurting too; even if it IS just over a cat. I'm not sure if this blog is going the way I inteded or not, but I know that I needed to write it. Just remember we have loved ones out there who need to have this prayer poem read for them on a daily basis, and if you could remember my cat in your prayers today; well I know that would make my day. Thank you.

Dear Jesus, please be with my Pumpkin Spice. I love her dearly and she needs your healing. Please heal my heart of this hurt as well. I love You and thank You for everything. Amen.

1 comment: